As of January 2008, anyone transporting livestock or poultry in connection with economic activity and over 65km will need to hold a Certificate of Competence to conform to GB rules on animal welfare.
- This allows transportation of animals on domestic journeys under eight hours within the UK
- The price includes the workshop, test, notification of your results and the Certificate of Competence
- Passing the test will ensure you comply with GB rules on animal welfare
What does it cost?
- NFU Farmer & Grower Members £35 plus VAT
- NFU Countryside Members £60 plus VAT
- NFU Associate Members £60 plus VAT
- Student & YFC Members £35 plus VAT
Dates for the courses
All courses will be run on Friday 17 June at 10am in five locations:
- NFU Cymru office in Builth Wells, LD2 3TU
- NFU Cymru office, Carmarthen, SA31 1QG
- Raglan Livestock Market, NP15 2BH
- The Rhug Estate, Corwen, LL21 0EH
- YFC Centre at the Anglesey County Showground, LL65 4RW
How do I register?
To register your interest, please contact the NFU Cymru office on 01982 554200 or email [email protected]