In light of the serious implications around Coronavirus, we want to share the latest information and guidance with you.
Coronavirus is a viral disease that can cause coughing, fever and difficulty breathing. It can be more severe in older people, those with weakened immune systems and some long-term conditions like diabetes or cancer. Most cases of coronavirus (COVID-19) seem to be mild.
Stay local to keep Wales safe:
always observe social distancing
- wash your hands regularly
- if you are meeting one other household, stay outdoors and stay local
- work from home if you can
Stay at home if you or anyone you live with has symptoms.
Public Health Wales (PHW) has advised you should not leave the house for 14 days if you or someone you live with has either:
- a high temperature
- a new, continuous cough
- loss of smell or taste (anosmia)
- Anosmia is the loss or a change in your normal sense of smell. It can also affect your sense of taste as the two are closely linked.
Anyone can spread the virus:
Do not go to a GP surgery, pharmacy or hospital. You do not need to contact 111 to tell them you're staying at home.
You should only contact 111 if:
- you feel you cannot cope with your symptoms at home
- your condition gets worse
- your symptoms do not get better after 7 days
To reduce the risk of catching or spreading coronavirus, Public Health Wales advises the following:
- wash your hands with soap and water often – do this for at least 20 seconds
- always wash your hands when you get home or into work
- use hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available
- cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze
- put used tissues in the bin straight away and wash your hands afterwards
- try to avoid close contact with people who are unwell
- do not touch your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean
It is worth checking the Public Health Wales website regularly to see if the guidance has changed and whether there are any implications for you, your family or your business.