6 November 2023
- Expression of Interest window for the Growing for the Environment (Spring and Summer crops) scheme opens. Closes 15 December 2023
- Expression of Interest window for the Small Grants - Yard Coverings scheme opens. Closes 15 December 2023
- Expression of Interest window for the Horticulture Development Scheme opens. Closes 12 January 2024
- Expression of Interest window for the Agricultural Diversification Scheme opens. Closes 12 January 2024
1 December 2023
- Glastir Advanced, Glastir Organic, Glastir Commons Payments for 2023 expected to be made.
15 December 2023
- BPS 2023 Balance Payments
31 December 2023
- Glastir Advanced, Glastir Organic Glastir Commons Contracts end
8 January 2024
- Expression of Interest window for the Small Grants – Environment scheme opens. Closes 16 February 2024
Other important reminders
- Sheep and Goat Annual Inventory 2024
- Agriculture Pollution regulation changes
- Veterinary Attestations.
Details of the above are included in the Winter Update 2023 which should arrive shortly with all businesses that have submitted a SAF 2023. If you have further questions, please contact the Welsh Government team.
Glastir 2023 payments
This year, in order to maximise EU spend by 31 December, payments of the Glastir Advanced, Commons and Organic claims will start from 1 December 2023. This is subject to claim eligibility and receipt of all necessary supporting documents.
*Important information for businesses with a Glastir Advanced Contract expiring on the 31 December 2023*
Glastir Contract Closure & Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) (Agriculture) regulations.
- Your current Glastir Advanced contract will expire on 31 December 2023.
- Following the closure of your Glastir Advanced contract, you are reminded that you must continue to comply with the Cross Compliance GAEC 6 and the EIA regulations. You must also apply for EIA screening for relevant land improvements to semi-natural land.
Habitat Wales Scheme
Did you submit an Expression of Interest application?
If so you need to check your RPW online account to see whether you have been offered a contract.
If you have been offered a contract you will need to take the following action:
- Check the contract and ACCEPT within 30 days of the offer of contract. You will need to adhere to scheme conditions from the 1 January 2024
- If you do not want to join the scheme DECLINE the contract.
Rural Scheme Dates
Dates when we are accepting applications for rural schemes can be found at gov.wales/rural-schemes-application-dates
Woodland Creation Planning scheme is open for expressions of interest. The scheme offers support for the development of new woodland creation plans.
Farm Scheme Inspections - Guide to farmers
‘When the Inspector calls’
The above guidance is being updated in line with:
- Changes that have been introduced to some of the Cross Compliance SMR’s and GAEC’s,
- Capital Grant Schemes,
- Habitat Wales Scheme
Keep an eye out for further details in the near future. It will be available on the Welsh Government website.
Code of practice on the control of ragwort
Welsh Government want your views on proposed changes to the code of practice to prevent and control the spread of ragwort.
Winter Fair 2023
Welsh Government staff including members of the Farm Liaison Service team and Farming Connect staff will be in attendance at the Royal Welsh Winter Fair at the Royal Welsh Showground in the South Glamorgan Hall.